WHITE WATERS RAFTING IN JINJA
White water rafting is an amazing activity that takes place along the Nile in Jinja town. Before the discovery of the Nile by the British colonialists, jinja was basically a small town known for fishing but when John Speke discovered and named the Nile, it became popular and grew in to a big center which brought in different people from different parts of the world and settled in it for example the Europeans, Asians.
The foreigners that settled in Jinja developed it because they constructed the railway and introduced hydroelectricity which helped to grow industrialization. In 1972 and 1979, Jinja started declining in industrialization due to the expel of Indians by the president by then Idi Amini hence Jinja losing its industrial status to Kampala. How ever jinja is acting as a tourist attraction because of the fine waters of lake Victoria and River Nile which are perfect for fun activities, rest and relaxation.
There are many fantastic activities one can enjoy at River Nile that are offered for example horseback riding, Bungee jumping and whitewater rafting which is what is talked about in this article. In this very article, am going to explain describe the services offered, where it is found, what to expect, how safe it is, the costing and pricing, the cancelation policy and other important information one needs to know.
Vibrant Holiday Safaris welcomes you to have a fun and invegerating 12miles (19kilometer) rafting course during the Whitewater excursion in Jinja. It is one of the world finest grade five water rafting and adventure activities. This activity is one of the most amazing activity to when you want to calm down and relax, come get the opportunity to raft from the longest River in the world which is done in the middle of the river passing chaotic rapid flows and power than any River in the world because Jinja gives the best whitewater rafting experiences. Due to the recent construction of Bujagaali and Isimba dams have led to the destruction of some of the five rapids like Namizi, the Bad place and Kyabirwa, the whitewater remains intertact. Despite all the adjustments and the changes made by the rafting companies, they are still offering the same best quality services and hence the beautiful scenery has it used to be.
Come with family and friends to experience the source of River Nile in a unique way with complimentary pickups and drop-offs from Kampala. With a commitment to safety, quality and value for money.
WHAT IS INCLUDED;
- Airconditioned vehicle.
- Use of rafting equipments like water proof jackets.
MEETING AND PICKUPS.
- Start time is 6:00AM. We can pick up guests from Kampala/ Entebbe.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE WHITE WATER RAFTING IN JINJA.
Early morning you will meet our representatives at your residence in Kampala or Entebbe, who will thereafter transfer you to Jinja( about 2hours ). Upon arrival here, you will meet the team well set to take you for an adventurous water rafting experience.
Before the activity starts, all the participants are required to leave their valuable materials and the dry clothes in the staff car.
The staff team is supposed to orient and give guidelines about the area and rapids and take you through the safety measures to ensure the best possible experience.
Individuals are to choose the routes they want to take, easy or difficult and opt for any grade.
Once the orientation is done the activity can start with fastening your waterproof jacket.
You will have a full day rafting experience with a lunch break (Where you will be served with a hot lunch) before proceeding for the second session of rafting experience. Later in the evening you will be transferred back to your residence in Kampala or Entebbe.
WHITE WATER SAFETY IN JINJA UGANDA.
Our team being well trained and with a lot of experience, this activity is safe. Its just a matter of following the instructions for your safety and enjoyment. White water rafting in Jinja is safe because life jackets and helmets are provided to the participants incase of any trip over. However, this game is dangerous at times but our team has re4scue groups that help stranded rafters. We also don’t allow families with children and adolescents to go through difficult and heavy rapids, they take a different route passing through smaller rapids and scenic islands to explore the forests and other channels of the river.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE WHITE RAFTING IN JINJA.
- The best period to have a great experience for this activity is during January to February or June to September because in these times of the year there are dry periods and strong sunlight. Our participants are reminded to apply sunscreen to avoid getting a red skin.
- Participates should carry extra clothes for use after rafting plus extra money for other expenses that may come along the way.
- There is also another exciting activity called tubing, it involves drifting on the Nile using an inflated tube while watching birds, sun bathing and watching beautiful sceneries on the Nile. This activity can be arranged on calm waters or close to the rapid.
- Confirmation will be received at a time of booking.
- Not wheel chair accessible.
- Near public means.
- Not recommended for travels with back problems.
- Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical condition.
WHITE WATER RAFTING COSTS OR PRICING.
- White water rafting is between $145 and $255 depending whether the activity takes full or half day.
- Photos and CD storage is $70 per each raft.
- Jet board riding and kids under 12 is $50. Some participates prefer Jet boat riding to white water rafting, the jet board riding involves taking a speed boat to the Nile in Jinja using these amazing Jet boats made from New Zealand for the best cruising experience.
- You can cancel up to 24hours in advance of the experience start time.
- For a full day refund, you must cancel atleast 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather, you will be offered a different date or a full day refund.
Inconclusion, come on come all and get this magical experience having a great a time enjoying all the memorable services and activities that we have talked about above in the article. White water rafting can also be combined with other activities like gorilla trekking, visiting Murchison falls National Game park or Queen Elizabeth Park.